About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is the world’s largest manufacturer and recycler of conventional vehicle batteries, supplying over 146 million vehicle batteries to automakers and aftermarket retailers each year. Globally, our 15,000 employees develop, manufacture, distribute and recycle batteries at more than 50 locations. We offer a full range of lead-acid and lithium-ion battery technology that powers nearly every type of vehicle for our customers, including conventional, start-stop, advanced start-stop, micro hybrid, hybrid and electric vehicles.
To learn more about Johnson Controls, Inc., please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com
Our vision is a world where 100% of vehicle batteries are recycled. We recycled our first battery in Germany in 1904 — four years before Henry Ford introduced the Model T. Since then, we’ve helped create a recycling system that ensures millions of batteries are properly recycled.
- Our batteries have some of the highest recycled content of any manufactured product.
- We have proven 100% recycling rates are possible. We’re using our century of recycling experience to help increase recycling rates and accelerate the development of new recycling systems.
Our commitment is to design, make, transport and recycle batteries in the safest, most sustainable way.
- We continuously evaluate and invest in technologies, controls and processes that improve our operations while reducing our environmental footprint.
- We operate all our facilities to meet the highest global environmental, health and safety requirements.
- We never stop looking to improve. We learn from each of the plants we build or upgrade and strive to apply those lessons learned to all of our operations globally.
- We extend our commitment across our supply chain and our partners.
At Johnson Controls, we’ve been dedicated to protecting the environment since our invention of the electric thermostat in 1885, which provided a fundamental shift in the energy efficiency of buildings. Now all over the world, our products and services empower customers and communities to consume less energy and conserve resources. Sustainability is an integral part of our vision and values. We don’t just talk about sustainability at Johnson Controls. As the following prestigious awards show, we do what we say we will do – year after year. We are proud and honored to be named in these awards and indexes for our commitment to sustainability:
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, since 2006
- Global 100: Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, Corporate Knights, “The Magazine for Clean Capitalism,” since 2010
- World’s Most Ethical Companies, Ethisphere Magazine, since 2007
- Sustainability Leader – Sustainable Asset Management, since 2008
For more information about Johnson Controls Sustainability, click here.